What makes you happy at Christmas
Christmas greetings: 80 stylish sayings + contemplative texts
The best Christmas greetings come from the heart. Whether you send contemplative, funny, short or business Christmas cards: With a personal text or a stylish Christmas saying, quote or poem, you can hardly do anything wrong. Because that is what the “Festival of Love” is all about: You show the recipient that you have thought of them. Christmas greetings are messages - and they say more than "Merry Christmas". In the following you will therefore find many examples, texts, tips and formulations for Christmas greetings that make you happy - private and business ...
➠ Content: This is what awaits you
➠ Content: This is what awaits you
Christmas greetings text: What do you write for Christmas?
Stylish Christmas greetings wish you health, happiness, joy, reflective holidays, rest, love, relaxation, serenity, time with loved ones, satisfaction, success and, in the end, maybe a Happy New Year. If you find it difficult to formulate and write your (business) Christmas greetings: Here is our current collection - including contemplative sayings, texts and examples for cards or letters in Advent. Modifications and reformulations are welcome!
Writing Christmas greetings: Stylish and contemplative
Whether for dear friends or family: These heartfelt wishes and greetings are well received.
- “At this contemplative time of year, I wish you can relax a little, enjoy the days with your family and recharge your batteries. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!"
- “Advent stands for arrival and so we wish you too that you always arrive where you want to go in life. Merry Christmas and that all your wishes will come true in the New Year. "
- “The year is slowly coming to an end and Christmas is just around the corner. At Christmas, wishes come true and so I hope that we will continue to be good friends and celebrate many more festivals together. Merry Christmas."
- "Friedrich Nietzsche wrote the beautiful sentence: The greatest events are not our loudest, but our quietest hours. Hopefully this Christmas will be a quiet and contemplative event for you - despite Corona. We wish you and your family a Merry Christmas. "
- “For the celebration of love, of course, I also thought of you and wanted to make you happy with this little card. I sincerely wish you a Merry Christmas, lots of warmth, happiness and love, from which the coming year should also be filled. "
- “At Christmas I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your love and the firm hold that you give me at all times. Merry Christmas and thank you for being here! "
- “Now the candles are shining everywhere. Therefore, I wish you that their warmth and security will accompany you throughout the year. Have a Merry Christmas! "
- “On the threshold of the New Year, I would like to send you and your family my best wishes from the bottom of my heart. May the new year bring you and your loved ones a lot of joy. With Christmas greetings ... "
- "Use Christmas to surround yourself with loved ones, to forget worries, to forgive disputes and to feel love."
- “The contemplation and peace of the Christmas season cannot be bought with any money in the world. Focus on what is really important. I wish you a Merry Christmas! "
- “In the dark season you are a real ray of light with your kindness and your joie de vivre. Keep this way. Merry Christmas! "
- “Now I sincerely wish you a merry Christmas and lots of confidence and energy for the coming year. With great thanks for our special friendship. "
- “The magic of Christmas is always something very special and stands out from the rest of the year. Enjoy ‘this unique season and do what makes you happy. I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year with all my heart. "
- “I wish you and your family a wonderful and peaceful Christmas season. It is really nice to have got to know you as a person and as a wonderful personality. I appreciate you a lot. Thank you for your valuable commitment and the great work! "
- “The feast of Christmas is just around the corner. On this occasion I wish you all the love in the world, warmth and always a loved one by your side. "
Christmas greetings short
You don't want to send novels on your cell phone, Whatsapp or other social channels. Short Christmas greetings such as these are suitable for this:
- “For Christmas I wish you pleasant leisure hours and lots of new ideas for the coming year! Greetings to…"
- “For the celebration of love, we only want to send you the most beautiful and cheerful Christmas greetings. Enjoy this magical time. "
- "We wish you the peace and quiet, leave all the hustle and bustle behind and spend Christmas as a peaceful time with the family."
- "We wish you and your entire team a Merry Christmas and a peaceful time."
- "For Christmas I wish you a lot of relaxation, health and lasting joy beyond the turn of the year."
- “Christmas is about relationships. The real gifts are feelings, memories, and time together. I thank you from the bottom of my heart! "
Christmas greetings funny
- “Another 364 days until Christmas. Nevertheless, the Christmas lights are already hanging everywhere. You can also overdo it! "
- "Dear Christ Child, please don't mix up again: Make my account fat, me - slim. Thanks!"
- "I've been baking cookies for you tomorrow for two weeks now."
- "The same nasty gift every year: a new size."
- "A halo also arises when dirty thoughts spin in circles very quickly."
- "Rudolph has a red nose, the mulled wine squeezes his bladder, he flies from house to house and sends my regards."
- "Cool, only accept parcels for the neighbors four times and I have all the Christmas presents together!"
- “I won't buy you silk, I won't give you a scarf. Because I'm broke, that's why there's only my visit to the festival. "
- “I wanted to send you something lovely, exciting and beautiful for Christmas this year. At the post office they said I should get out of the package, otherwise they would call the security service. "
- “Around Christmas time, it seems crazy, suddenly nobody is depressed any more. Everyone is happy, laughs, and is in a good mood, as I am amazed every year. Where's that glee for the rest of the year? Then it comes to me: It's the mulled wine, that's for sure! "
- “I'm little Santa, I'm not standing in front of your house, unfortunately. That's why I'm sending you a handful of magic stars from far away! Merry Christmas!"
- "Warning: On December 31. you shouldn't leave the house at 11:59 p.m.! There is a risk that you won't come back until next year! "
a few days of rest
Time for short walks,
Time for yourself and your family,
Time to gather strength and new ideas
for the new Year. A year with fewer worries
less stress, more success and health,
just everything you need to be satisfied and happy
to stay - 365 days a year: I wish you that from the bottom of my heart.
In addition this Christmas tree from "
Christmas greetings for business
For business greetings, to colleagues, employees or business partners, you need a little more sensitivity. Note that the recipient may not be a Christian. In that case it is better to send greetings without religious reference. Or send only New Years greetings. You can find both in the following list:
- "I / we wish you happy and relaxing holidays and good luck and health in the new year."
- “The fact that we were so successful last year is also due to you! I would like to thank you personally for this. "
- “I would like to thank you very much for your commitment this year and I hope to continue working with you. I wish you and your family a peaceful holiday. "
- “This time of year shouldn't be about business, but about family and solidarity. Therefore I wish you and your loved ones a Merry Christmas! "
- “Take the time to enjoy the holidays with your family and to relax. Merry Christmas and to an equally happy, healthy and successful New Year! "
- “I hope that you can devote yourself entirely to your family over the coming Christmas days and I wish you a successful start into the new year! Therefore: Enjoy the festive season and spend harmonious and relaxing days with your loved ones. I look forward to mastering the next challenges with you in the new year! "
- “Before Christmas, the stress of work should rest for once. Enjoy the holidays, have a contemplative celebration and enjoy the time with your loved ones. "
- “At the end of the year, I would like to thank you most sincerely for your trust in our company and for our harmonious cooperation. I wish you and your employees a Merry Christmas and a happy new year! "
- “We wish you and your entire team: Merry Christmas, a Happy New Year and successful business in the coming year. We look forward to further cooperation! "
- "Thank you very much for another year of trusting partnership. Stay healthy and have a good New Year. I wish you a Merry Christmas ... "
- “At the end of the year I would like to thank you for the good cooperation and wish you a Merry Christmas. I hope you can relax in the next few days and I look forward to continuing our business relationship in the new year! "
- "We thank you for the good cooperation, your trust and wish you a Merry Christmas and good luck and success in the coming year!"
Quotes for Christmas wishes for business
You can also use quotes to write Christmas greetings. However, these always seem a bit impersonal. The danger is that other business partners use the same slogan. You should therefore always add a few personal words to these.
- "The greatest events are not our loudest, but our quietest hours." (Friedrich Nietzsche)
- "Advent is a time when you have time to think about what is worth taking time for." (Gudrun Kropp)
- "All good intentions already exist, we just need to apply them." (Blaise Pascal)
- "Only when Christmas is in the heart is Christmas in the air." (William Turner Ellis)
- "In Advent, the time of lights, everyone quickly becomes a poet, because in this quiet time, a quiet word goes very far." (Achim Schmidtmann)
- "The secret of Christmas is that in our search for the great and the extraordinary, we are drawn to the inconspicuous and the small." (Unknown)
- “Christmas is not a point in time or a season, it is a state of mind. To keep peace and benevolence in one's heart, to be generous with mercy, that is, to carry the true spirit of Christmas within. ”(Calvin Coolidge)
- “The magic of this quiet time is lost in the candlelight. On tables, branches and the Advent wreath, he surrounds us in a flame dance and draws into our hearts at Christmas. "(Unknown)
- "White are towers, roofs, branches, and the year is running out, and the most beautiful festival is here!" (Theodor Fontane)
Christmas greetings in English
- "We hope you have a nice Christmas and a prosperous New Year."
- "We wish you and your staff a merry Christmas and good health in the coming year."
- "With best wishes to you and your family. Have a merry christmas. "
- "Have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!"
- "Holiday greetings and best wishes for a peaceful / prosperous New Year."
- "There is no better time than the holidays to say Thank You for your business."
You can download more Christmas greetings and texts for cards HERE as PDF files.
Poems for Christmas greetings
- “It's snowed in outside
and in the office I'm ready
with the speech for the boss
that she has to like too.
Merry Christmas and many gifts
good food to go with it.
Contemplative days with pleasure
work is over. "(Unknown)
- “Icicles hang there in the tree
transform the parking lot into a dream.
The boss goes quickly to his car
he had to struggle often.
The rest is now given to him
Christmas you think of him.
Reflective hours with the family
should round off the festival for him. "(Unknown)
- "Although the year is rich in festivals,
but no festival is like a festival,
to which we children year after year,
always wait in sweet lust and pain. "(August Hoffmann von Fallersleben)
- “The wind is blowing in the winter forest
the flock of flakes like a shepherd
and many a fir suspects how soon
she becomes pious and holy of lights,
and listens out. The white paths
she stretches out the branches - ready
and fends off the wind and grows towards it
the one night of glory. "(Rainer Maria Rilke)
- "Another Christmas party,
The rest is getting smaller and smaller
But if I take the sum
Everything straight, everything crooked,
Everything wrong, everything right
All good, all bad -
Pays off with all the booze
But a real life out.
And being able to do this is the best
Probably at this Christmas party. "(Theodor Fontane)
- "Trees shining, trees dazzling,
giving sweetness everywhere,
Moving in the shine, arousing the heart of old and young.
We have such a feast
some gifts adorned jewelry;
we look up and down in amazement,
back and forth and again and again. "(Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
- "Hear how bright a bell sounds,
the children's hearts leap for joy,
fills the world with shine of light
and Christmas peace come. "(Oskar Stock)
- "The market and streets are deserted,
Every house lights up silently,
I go thinking through the streets
Everything looks so festive.
At the windows have women
Colorful toys piously adorned,
A thousand little children stand and look
Are so wonderfully happy.
And I'm walking out of the walls
See you in the open field,
Noble shine, holy shudder!
How vast and calm the world!
Stars high up the circles,
From the solitude of the snow
It rises like wonderful singing -
O you gracious time! "(Joseph von Eichendorff)
- "Shining like a beautiful dream,
the Christmas tree stands in front of us.
Just see how golden light changes
breaks on the delicate balls.
"Merry Christmas" sounds softly
and a star goes on a journey.
Shines brightly from the sky -
down to the whole world. "(Unknown)
What do you write on a Christmas card for children?
Christmas is a special festival for children. There is magic in the air - full of anticipation and candlelight. You can also express this on special Christmas cards and wishes. Sometimes funny, sometimes contemplative. Examples:
- “Do it like the Christmas bear - it doesn't take life so hard. His fur doesn't leave any worries, he loves the world warm and bright. And if it should be dark, he can enjoy it by candlelight! "
- "Advent, Advent, a little light is burning. First one, then two, then three, then four, then the Christ Child is at the door. And when the fifth little light is on, then Santa has slept! "
- "I wish my dear sponsored child a great Christmas full of fun and joy and of course lots of nice Christmas presents!"
- “Dear / dear _____, I learned from the Christ Child that you were very good all year round. Unfortunately, I can't see you in person this Christmas this year. But you should know that I love you very much and look forward to seeing you again.I wish you lots of presents and a great Christmas with mom and dad! "
Writing Christmas greetings: tips for cards
Business Christmas greetings and cards must first look serious and professional. You won't go wrong if you opt for classic motifs such as Christmas trees, Christmas balls, bells or stars. But something that is self-made is more creative. The following applies to Christmas cards in paper form: it is better to spend a little more money and rely on high-quality workmanship and quality. The design of the Christmas wishes is always an expression of the appreciation of the recipient. Those who invest life and effort here stand out from the crowd and give the relationship more depth.
Christmas greetings Tips for a personal touch
Stand out from the crowd with your Christmas wishes: with an appealing feel (Christmas cards should feel good) or with little extras that you add or stick on: straw stars, cinnamon sticks, collages made of gold paper, bows, glitter, tinsel, ...
If possible, always send Christmas cards and greetings to your home, not the office. It feels more personal and shows that your gratitude isn't just limited to business.
Do you share a special experience with the reception? Then you mention that. Did the employee appease a customer after a breakdown? A great opportunity to say thank you with the card. A personal reference makes every Christmas card special.
If you know that the addressee of your Christmas card likes to laugh and has a sense of humor, then spice them up with it. Years ago a Christmas card was circulating among lawyers, on which Nikolaus and Rudolf the reindeer are sitting in the courtroom opposite.
The personal, handwritten signature is mandatory for all Christmas greetings. Preferably with fountain pen and blue (or red) ink. Everything else seems typed away and printed.
Unlike postcards, Christmas cards are always sent in an envelope. The front of the card points to the back of the envelope so that it appears first when you open it. Write your address on the back of the envelope. In this way, the recipient knows who the card is from and can return the favor.
If you send your Christmas card by post, please do not use the franking machine. A seasonal special postage stamp is more individual. This gives the Christmas wishes a coherent overall impression with a personal touch.
When do you send Christmas cards?
It is common to send Christmas greetings during Advent. So with the 1st Advent, whereby the greetings pile up the closer Christmas Eve gets. If you send your Christmas greetings one to two weeks before Christmas, you are on the safe side. But that only applies in Germany! International customs and dates are different. In the Netherlands, Belgium and Ukraine, presents are given to each other on St. Nicholas' Day (which is December 5th). In Russia, on the other hand, the presents will not be available until January 7th - from "Father Frost". Those who want to prove their intercultural competence pay attention to these subtleties.
Christmas greetings by mail or by letter on paper?
A modern trend are digital Christmas greetings by email. Some consider them a better alternative to analog postcards because they save paper and postage. Like all things, Christmas wishes by email have advantages and disadvantages. The decision is, of course, yours.
Christmas wishes by mail: advantages
- Hardly any costs.
- Environmentally friendly: no paper, transport, garbage.
- Large selection of motifs, often in HD quality.
- Corrections unproblematic.
- Large range thanks to bulk mailing.
- Little expenditure of time.
Christmas wishes by mail: disadvantages
- Looks cheap, bulk mailing.
- No haptic impression.
- Invisible: Nobody sets up e-cards.
- Risk of confusion with spam.
- Misuse of personal information.
Tips for digital Christmas cards
If you write and send your Christmas greetings electronically, please pay attention to the following points:
- Use reputable providers
Christmas mail is a popular excuse to get email addresses. Make sure that you only choose well-known and reputable e-card providers. Conversely, this means: Never open X-Mas mails from unknown senders! In the worst case, there is a virus in it.
- Choose simple representation
Some e-cards can be opened with a click in the browser. Others are only shown in the mail. The more complicated the process, the greater the risk of failure at the firewall. Therefore choose the simplest possible formats!
- Write an email yourself
It is safest to design the email yourself. The Christmas greeting seems more personal anyway. Ideas for this: your own picture in the appendix. Or you can use special characters to paint a picture out of them - so-called letter pictures (or: "Ascii-Art").
An example of the signature:
(¸. • ´ (¸. • `HERE IS YOUR GREETING FORMULA
An example of a Christmas tree:
………… .. (¯`O´¯)
…………..*./ | \ .*
…………*•, *♥* ,•*
………. ‚*• ♫♫♫ •*‘
……….’*• • .♫. • •*‘
……..’*• • ♫*♥*♫ • •*‘
……… ’* • • Merry • • *‘
……’*• • ♫♫*♥*♫♫ • •*‘
…..'*• • Christmas • •*'
….’*• • ♫♫♫*♥*♫♫♫ • •*‘
…………… .x ♥ x
…………… .x ♥ x
Jochen Mai is the founder and editor-in-chief of the career bible. The author of several books lectures at the TH Köln and is a sought-after keynote speaker, coach and consultant.
- What are the seed accelerators in Australia
- Would you like photo services
- Is Death Note sexist
- Is Dushku the Albanian surname
- How can 100 lead to wealth
- Can we use LinkedIn for social bookmarking?
- How did Disney change music?
- What is the full form of PPLO
- Has it ever snowed in Cancun Mexico
- What are some of the best clicks from smartphones
- How does the conductivity of nitrile rubber work
- Which children's films are there now
- Will Tesla ever build a truck
- When was the first DDoS attack attempted?
- What are the examples of sound theory
- What is a good quality yet affordable vodka
- Restaurants have their own language
- What is meant by GGT
- Could Buy Jeff Bezos Luxembourg
- What can I achieve in two weeks
- Humans have been cloned
- What is 9 9 9
- Who uses the productivity apps and why
- How can dogs read minds?