How was Africa divided into colonies
Dr. Stefan Mair is a member of the Foreign Office's Africa Advisory Group. Current focal points mainly concern intra-African interstate relations, democratization aid and international election observation as well as German interests in Africa, state collapse and conflict resolution. Mair has published several books and essays on these topics, including "Africa south of the Sahara" (1999) and "German-African Relations" (1998).
Information on political education (Issue 264) - the spread of colonialism
introductionUntil the middle of the 19th century, European foreign rule over African regions was usually limited to a few trading establishments and fortified bases on the coast and its immediate hinterland. Exceptions to this rule were the attempts by the Portuguese to establish themselves deeper in what is now Mozambique along the Zambezi in the 16th century. Added to this were the advances made by the settlers of the Cape Colony, who in the middle of the 18th century moved the settlement boundary about 800 kilometers to the northeast in a large trek. Long before the Europeans, Arab traders based in Zanzibar had established trading branches far within East Africa, which mainly served the slave and ivory trade.
- Why does electricity flow in water
- Which night is the shortest night
- What weed load improves sex
- Where does renewable energy come from
- Can I replant fresh cut flowers?
- E-cigarette vapor causes global warming
- Does the soulmate really exist?
- Altars are compulsory for the practice of witchcraft
- Brandon FL has a mayor
- What are the most successful blogs
- What makes you incomplete without your parents?
- How can I invest Rs 10K
- How do birds make our lives happy?
- How has slavery changed the world
- How is crunchy Greek cheese made
- How can I ward off exam phobia
- What are some games with realistic gameplay
- What would aliens think of EDM?
- Which city in Maharashtra is the friendliest
- What brings you good luck
- What happens when there are bottlenecks in markets
- Which guinea pig lives the longest
- What are the codes in SAP QM
- How is EEE in CIT Coimbatore