What is pyruvate
Pyruvate, the anion of pyruvic acid. P. is an important branching point in the anaerobic and aerobic metabolism (Fig.).
Pyruvate synthesis. The synthesis of pyruvate takes place 1) in the glycolysis from phosphoenolpyruvate. As an enol ester, this contains an energy-rich bond which, when hydrolytically cleaved, releases 50.24 kJ (12 kcal). Through the catalysis of pyruvate kinase, this energy is used to transfer the phosphate residue to adenosine diphosphate with the synthesis of adenosine triphosphate. 2) in the metabolism of certain amino acids, especially through the transamination of alanine, the oxidative deamination of serine and the desulfhydration of cysteine.
Pyruvate metabolism. The sales des P. takes place 1) in the anaerobic glycolysis to lactate, 2) in the anaerobic alcoholic fermentation to ethanol, 3) under aerobic conditions by means of the pyruvate dehydrogenase complex by oxidative decarboxylation to acetyl coenzyme A. This process is for the linkage different metabolic pathways are particularly important.
Balance sheet the oxidative decarboxylation of P .: CH3COCOO- (Pyruvate) + HSCoA (coenzyme A) + NAD+ → CH3CO-SCoA (Acetyl Coenzyme A) + CO2 + NADH + H+. With complete oxidation via the tricarboxylic acid cycle, 15 molecules of ATP are formed from one molecule of pyruvate (14 by respiratory chain phosphorylation and 1 by substrate chain phosphorylation).
4) in the carboxylation by various enzyme systems to oxaloacetate. This reaction is the starting point for gluconeogenesis.
5) in nitrogen fixation, in pyruvate a phosphoroclastic cleavage into acetyl phosphate and CO2 subject.
- What's your favorite science fiction main ship
- How were medieval flails built
- What are the best marketing internships ever
- Bacteria and viruses are parasites
- Do you think the cinema is dying?
- What is the main password on a Mac
- What is the ConstraintLayout in Android Studio
- Do you think everyone deserves clean water
- Parody is fair to use
- Are College Search Websites Really Helpful? 1
- Which is better Vim or Sublime
- How much does a professional video camera cost
- Why is an online dental consultation worth it?
- Why do some people store snake venom
- When is a substance addictive?
- What role does light play in photosynthesis?
- Are Indians sexually disadvantaged? If so, why
- Do you get splinters while carving wood
- Check the airlines the weight
- What is folk music
- Is the Canadian IT job market already saturated?
- What are some fine restaurants in Houston
- What is the AngelLists business model
- When are long fingernails too long?
- What are the painless stake treatments
- How can I delete my OYO account?
- How can I create a search AI
- What makes San Diego a unique city
- When will the Huawei Mate 30
- Why are some people insensitive to pain
- Does Lance Armstrong deserve to be forgiven
- How programmers stay competitive
- What is the real potential of aquaponics